Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun to Debut
The brand-new Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun will be rolling out the red carpet for guests on December 15, 2020.
Located in the resort enclave of Costa Mujeres, a peninsula just north of Cancun’s Hotel Zone, the all-inclusive resort will have 898 suites, 11 restaurants, and modern wellness amenities, plus entertainment-themed experiences and authentic Hollywood memorabilia from 40 classic movies.
The resort’s on-site attractions include four swimming pools, a lazy river, Shipwreck Cove and Jurassic Splash Park, a Mujeres surf simulator, Labyrinth, a mini-golf course, and the planet Play Adventure Park. Children can enjoy supervised activities at the Stars Kids Club and teens at the Teens Club. The whole family can catch a front row seat at the theater to watch fan-favorite movies and classic films playing throughout the day.
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun will also debut the brand’s first-ever “Adult Scene,” an adults-only “resort-within-a-resort” concept offering guests (18 and older) Planet Hollywood’s signature celebrity-inspired experience in an exclusive setting. This upscale section of the resort will have 332 suites with state-of-the-art technology such as “Plugged In” to keep guests connected and “Your Soundtrack” to pick the theme music for their stay.
Adult Scene will also have its own private beachfront and pool area complete with a swim-up bar and waiter service in addition to two specialty restaurants exclusively for Adult Scene guests.
Costa Rica Opens to all U.S. Travelers on Nov. 1
Residents and citizens of all 50 states within the United States will be permitted to enter Costa Rica beginning Nov. 1, a measure that will help the country’s economic reactivation and job creation.
According to the Costa Rican Tourism Institute, allowing their entry could generate US$1.5 billion in foreign currency for Costa Rica and generate about 80,000 jobs for the year 2021.
Before the pandemic, the U.S. market brought 1.6 million tourists to Costa Rica with an average stay of 12 days.
In addition to the United States, 44 additional countries have been authorized to enter Costa Rica as of Aug. 1, 2020, the day Costa Rica’s airports reopened.
Swim with Whales under the Midnight Sun in Iceland
This once-in-a-lifetime experience will let you see the magic of Iceland in an unforgettable way.
The luxury vacation company Black Tomato announced the addition of “North Iceland: Swim with Humpback Whales under the Midnight Sun” as part of its 2021 lineup. The journey follows the gorgeous sea creatures as they migrate from the Caribbean to Iceland to feed.
This experience can only happen on the whale’s schedule, meaning it takes place from June through early August.
The five-day trip begins in Reykjavik and includes a Jet Ski tour, arctic snorkeling, the GeoSea sea baths, Lofthellir cave, a swim in the fjords with humpback whales under the midnight sun, the Blue Lagoon, and all accommodations, transportation, and a regional flight.
Don’t worry, the company has all the gear you need. The trip begins at US$9,998 per person.
Deal of the Week
Croatia Tour with a Touch of Bosnia Herzegovina
If your 2020 adventures were put on hold, now is the time to plan for next year. Discover Croatia, one of Europe’s most environmentally unspoiled destinations, and Bosnia-Herzegovina’s most popular cities: Mostar and Sarajevo. This 13-day/12-night package is offered at US$5,590 per person
Package pricing includes:
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Superior or sea view double room with breakfast and VAT: 2-nights Zagreb, 1-night Zadar, 2-nights Split, 2-nights Hvar, 1-night Korčula, 2-nights Dubrovnik, 2-nights Sarajevo
- Private transfers Zagreb–Trakoscan Castle–Zagreb, Zagreb–Plitvice–Zadar, Zadar–Sibenik– Trogir–Split, Dubrovnik pier–Dubrovnik hotel, Dubrovnik–Mostar–Sarajevo
- Private old-timer city tour of Zagreb with local products tasting
- Entrance fees to Trakoscan Castle and Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Private half-day local guides in Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Dubrovnik, Mostar, and Sarajevo
- Private half-day Split food tour with local products tastings
- Catamaran transfers Split–Hvar, Hvar–Korčula, Korčula–Dubrovnik
- Hvar half-day island tour with private transfer and a local guide followed by a dinner at an abandoned village
- Small group full-day boat tour to Blue Cave in Vis, including the entry fee to the Blue Cave
- Korčula private half-day island tour with food/wine tastings including transfers
- Group full-day Elaphites boat tour
- Hotel luggage assistance at the pier in Split, Hvar, and Korčula
Judy Newell, an international travel consultant since 1971, heads Perfect Journeys and specializes in unique travel experiences to destinations around the world. She custom designs journeys that are tailored to suit your interests, physical abilities and budget. Please contact Judy for further information on Travel News topics and around-the-world travel. Cell phone 415 111 8765; Vonage 949 300 3682; email email@example.com.
Sources: Travel Agent Central, Travel+Leisure, Eurobound