How do I send an article to Atención?
To which email should I send my article for publication?
This email is for editorial content only; it is not for events or for announcements. If you want to send information about an event or an announcement, submit them to the corresponding department: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The editorial department is not responsible for information sent to the wrong email address.
What are the deadlines for the print edition?
Articles for the printed and digital versions must be sent before Wednesday noon, 10 days before the publication date. Due to space limitations, we may not be able to schedule late arrivals. Articles submitted for print and digital will be posted on the website on Friday of the week of publication. Your article may or may not be published, depending on whether you comply with our editorial guidelines and our publication policies. You will receive notification if your article has been approved for publication.
What are the deadlines for the website?
We review submissions for the website Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm. The articles must be sent in the requested format and will only be published with the authorization of the writer. Your article may or may not be published, depending on whether you comply with our editorial guidelines and our publication policies. You will receive notification if your article has been approved for publication.
In what format should I send my article?
Solely as a Word document, Times New Roman font, size 12.
Left justified. Simple format please. The article should be sent as an attachment and not within the body of the email.
No double spaces, no double line spacing. We do not accept articles all in capital letters, in italics or bold face.
Are there any style guidelines or editorial policies that I must comply with for the publication of my article?
Articles must be signed (author), have a title, and have any details at the top of the article in the following format (Please do not change the format):
Romeo and Juliet
Thu, Jan 20, 5pm
St. Paul’s Church
* Articles must have a maximum of 500 words and a minimum of 350 words and must be sent with their translation into English or Spanish.
* For articles of more than 500 words, it is necessary to obtain the previous authorization of the editor.
What does it cost?
* Articles about workshops, seminars or classes have a cost of 310 pesos per edition or publication on the website (6 days). If you pay for more editions, you must provide new material every week (articles cannot be repeated).
Other Things You Should Know
* Atención reserves the right to edit, cut, summarize, publish or not publish articles that are submitted to the editorial department, (excluding those that have been paid for).
* In the print edition, articles about events that will occur during the week of publication will have priority over articles sent for the same week, but for events that will occur the following week.
* All articles go through an editorial process, but Atención never changes the essence or content of submitted articles, they are only edited and/or cut for editorial purposes.
* Under no circumstances can any content in Atención be published, copied or used without prior written authorization from the author.
* Atención may or may not use content previously sent to the editorial department without requesting authorization from the person who previously sent it.
* The information published is the responsibility of the contributor. It is the responsibility of the contributor to send edited, revised and corrected articles.
* Atención reserves the right not to publish content that may be offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, injurious, affects third parties, aggressive, or that incites violence.
How many photographs can I send?
For articles of 500 words, only two photos, one vertical and one horizontal, in high resolution (300 dpi) as an attachment and not within the article.
For articles of 800 words, three photographs, with the same technical specifications.
I sent my article and it was not published. Why was that?
The deadline was missed
Did not comply with the required format
Had too many or too few words
Did not follow the style guide
Did not comply with editorial policy
It was not sent as a Word document
The article is offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, injurious, affects third parties, aggressive, or incites violence.