By Susan Page
Instead of our usual high-energy, five-day event in February, the San Miguel Writers’ Conference has spread out all of our usual events over a six-month period, October through March, our Literary Season Online. We have engaged easily the most star-studded lineup of authors we have ever assembled in one season.
- Margaret Atwood
- Isabel Allende
- Diana Gabaldon (The Outlander series)
- Isabel Wilkerson (Caste and The Warmth of Other Suns. Caste is currently No. 1 on the NYTimes bestseller list and Oprah’s Book Club selection. This is an exclusive event)
- Emma Donoghue (Room and her new novel about a pandemic)
- Geraldine Brooks (March and her runaway bestseller, Year of Wonders)
- Lawrence Wright (The Looming Tower about 9/11 and his current bestseller about a pandemic, The End of October)
- Richard Blanco (Obama’s Inaugural poet, and one of the most beloved keynote speeches we have ever presented)
- Simon Winchester (The Professor and the Madman, and brand new: LAND: How the Hunger for Ownership Shaped the Modern World)
- Yuri Herrera (Signs Preceding the end of the World)
- Joseph Boyden (Winner of Canada’s most prestigious award: The Giller Prize)
- A’Lelia Bundles (On Her Own Ground, about the first Black woman millionaire. She is an engaging public speaker)
We are also offering the very best bargain we have ever had with our Season Passes.
Season Pass Benefits
- The entire season is yours with no hassle, no need to remember when things occur, as we will send you reminders before each event.
- If you can’t attend an event at the time we present it, as a Season Pass holder, you may go into our archives and attend the event at your convenience.
- No travel involved; safety first!
- Because the season is spread out over six months, it gives you time to read the book ahead of the keynote event. It’s always more exciting to meet an author when you have loved the book.
- The experience is more intimate than if you are seated in a huge auditorium with 900 other people. You have a front-row seat for every event. Try it! You’ll love it!
- We have retained the beloved Q and A sessions.
For more information on Season Passes visit sanmiguelwritersconference.org.
- Keynote Address by A’Lelia Bundles on Zoom. Her book is about the first Black woman millionaire. She is an engaging public speaker. Sat., Nov. 14, 6pm
- Storytelling Showcase with students from our Storytelling Workshop. Nov. 14, 2pm