U.S. State Department downgrades “Do Not Travel” advisory for Mexico
The U.S. State Department rescinded its Level 4 “Do Not Travel” warning for Mexico, downgrading the country to a Level 3 “Reconsider Travel” advisory.
Despite the State Department’s change, several Mexican states remain on the “Do Not Travel” list due to the threat of crime and kidnapping, including Colima, Guerrero, Michoacan, Sinaloa, and Tamaulipas.
Currently, U.S. travelers are able to fly to Mexico and will be welcome in Cancun, Cozumel, and Cabo San Lucas.
Club Med Cancun reopens
Club Med Cancun is scheduled to reopen on October 17. The property boasts the distinction of being the only in Cancun with three private beachfront spaces. The family-friendly resort also features as many as 120 oceanfront family rooms in addition to a dedicated family pool and weekly outdoor activities for families when they aren’t enjoying an oceanfront massage or indulging in mouthwatering local cuisine.
Fairmont Mayakoba: Third night free
Planning ahead? Take advantage of the best deal of 2020. Immerse yourself in a magnificent natural setting surrounded by crystal clear waterways at this AAA 5-diamond resort located on the Riviera Maya. Escape to this tropical paradise and enjoy every third consecutive night free and complimentary breakfast at one of the most majestic places in Mexico.
Air Canada introduces complimentary COVID-19 insurance
Air Canada has announced it will begin offering complimentary COVID-19 insurance to Canadian customers who book international roundtrip flights to eligible destinations.
The plan covers emergency quarantine and medical expenses for Canadian residents related to COVID-19 and will be available for new bookings made in Canada through October 31, 2020.
Air Canada is the second Canadian airline to offer no-charge COVID-19 insurance, following a similar announcement from WestJet.
The airline also announced that customers booking with Air Canada Vacations will be offered the COVID-19 Coverage and Assistance Plan at no additional cost. It will be available to all eligible customers who book an Air Canada Vacations package for travel by April 30, 2021, to eligible destinations.
Disney cancels sailings into December
Another day and another boatload of sailings canceled. Disney Cruise Line has extended its sailing cancellations through the first half of December 2020. These include Disney’s Very Merrytime Cruises.
The news of the canceled Christmas sailings come shortly after Disney Parks announced the cancellation of its after-hours extra-ticketed event, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Walt Disney World Resort, and the cancellation of the Candlelight Processional at both EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.
Deal of the Week
France river cruise savings
Few countries inspire travelers quite like France. It is a land of elegant culture and fine cuisine, with dramatic, rolling countryside, rustic villages, and chic cities. On Emerald Waterways French river cruises, you’ll go beyond the destinations, traveling in style onboard their Star-Ships.
Now is the time to plan your next venture to France, with Exceptional EmeraldVALUE on 2021 France river cruises. Don’t miss out on US$1,500 savings per couple when you book by October 31, 2020. In addition, you can also enjoy DiscoverMORE tours, a free Deposit Protection Plan, and bonus savings of US$800 per couple when paid in full within 14 days of booking.
DiscoverMORE tours include: on 15-day itineraries, up to 7 included tours; on 8-day itineraries, up to 3 included tours; on 5-day itineraries, 2 included tours. Featured cruises all include flights from the U.S. and Canada from US$295.
- Sensations of Lyon and Provence: the Saône and Rhône Rivers, 8 days, Nice to Lyon, from US$3,095.
- Sensations of Lyon and Provence with Nice: South of France with a 3-night stay in Nice and visits to the French Riviera and Monaco. 11 days, Lyon to Nice, from US$4,430.
- Paris with Sensations of Lyon and Provence: Cruise along the romantic sights of the Seine, 10 days, Paris to Nice, from US$4,210.
- Rhine and Rhône: A combination of two cruises uncovering the stunning sights of France, Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands, 15 days, Nice to Amsterdam, from US$6,500.
- Aix-en-Provence with Sensations of Lyon and Provence: A 3-night stay in Aix-en-Provence and cruising through the south of France, 11 days, Nice to Lyon, from US$4,400.
- Nice to Lisbon with Three Rivers Discovery: A 3-night stay in Nice visiting the French Riviera and Monaco and cruising along the Rhône and Saóne Rivers. Fly to Porto for a cruise along the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain. Plus, enjoy a 3-night stay in Lisbon, 21 days, Nice to Lisbon, from US$9,650.
- Three Rivers Discovery: Cruise along the Rhône, Saône & Douro Rivers in Southern France and Portugal on two linking cruises from Nice to Porto, 15 days, Nice to Porto, from US$8,125.
Judy Newell, an international travel consultant since 1971, heads Perfect Journeys and specializes in unique travel experiences to destinations around the world. She custom designs journeys that are tailored to suit your interests, physical abilities, and budget. Please contact Judy for further information on Travel News topics and around-the-world travel. Cell Phone 415 111 8765; Vonage 949-300-3682; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources: Travel Market Report, Travel Pulse, Inside the Magic, Emerald Waterways