Six other Mexican hotels made the World’s best list
Along to Hotel Amparo, a small boutique hotel in San Miguel de Allende, six other Mexican hotels made the World’s Best Awards 2020 list in “Travel + Leisure” magazine’s annual survey.
- ICala de Mar Resort and Spa in Ixtapa came in at 38;
- Rosewood Mayakoba in Playa del Carmen was named at 56;
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal made 72;
- Mexico City’s Saint Regis was named at 73;
- Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Resort and Spa in Mazatlán came in at 94;
- Viceroy Los Cabos was on the list at 95.
Cruise lines reopening: the complete list with dates
Cruise lines around the world will be reopening this summer and fall as the cruise industry looks to start its recovery.
Important Note: These are projected sailing dates from each cruise line. Cruise line suspensions can be extended at any time. This information is solely based on information from the official website for each cruise line. Sailings and reopening dates can change without notice.
- AIDA Cruises: August 1, 2020
- AmaWaterways: August 20, 2020
- American Queen Steamboat: August 15, 2020
- Avalon Waterways: July 20, 2020
- Azamara: September 19, 2020
- Carnival Cruise Line: September 25, 2020
- Celebrity Cruises: August 1, 2020
- Costa Cruises: July 24, 2020
- Crystal Cruises: September 11, 2020
- Cunard: November 4, 2020
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages: August 26, 2020
- Disney Cruise Line: October 4, 2020
- Emerald Waterways: September 5, 2020
- Fred Olson Cruise Lines: August 27, 2020
- Holland America Line: September 27, 2020
- Hurtigruten Cruises: June 16, 2020
- Jalesh Cruises: September 21, 2020
- Marella Cruises: August 28, 2020
- MSC Cruises: August 1, 2020
- Norwegian Cruise Line: October 1, 2020
- Oceania Cruises: October 4, 2020
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: July 29, 2020
- Ponant: July 11, 2020
- P&O Cruises: October 16, 2020
- Princess Cruises: September 19, 2020
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises: October 4, 2020
- Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection: April 22, 2021
- Royal Caribbean: September 18, 2020
- Seabourn: October 14, 2020
- SeaDream Yacht Club: June 20, 2020
- Scenic Luxury Cruises: September 15, 2020
- Silversea Cruises: August 22, 2020
- Uniworld River Cruises: August 2, 2020
- Viking Ocean: September 5, 2020
- Viking River: August 30, 2020
- Virgin Voyages: October 16, 2020
- VIVA Cruises: July 6, 2020
- Windstar Cruises: September 9, 2020
Deal of the Week
Peru Inca Hopper vacation package (2 for the price of 1)
On this smooth-paced nine-day tour of Peru’s top spots, you’ll visit four cities, three civilizations, and travel by train, plane, and automobile with enough time to settle in and enjoy each location.
This deluxe vacation package includes all transportation within Peru, great hotels, unique dining experiences, and guided tours at a price much lower than big bus group tour companies.
Take that unforgettable picture at Machu Picchu, shop unique craft markets, visit authentic villages, tour archeological sites, and enjoy Lima—the culinary capital of South America.
Hop into the pinnacle areas of Lima, The Sacred Valley, Cusco, and, of course, Machu Picchu. You’ll spend two nights in each of these places, so you can enjoy our semi-private guided tours during the day and surround yourself in the destinations’ ambiance at night.
Domestic round-trip flights between Lima and Cusco are included as well as round-trip train tickets to Machu Picchu in the panoramic Vistadome class service. Private airport transfers are included in accordance with international arrival and departure flights in Lima.
Advertised promotion of two-for-one is based on two travelers offered at the single rate of US$4399 low season (January 2 to March 31)/US$4799 high season. Promotional fare must be paid in full at time of reservation.
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodation in Lima
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodation in The Sacred Valley
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodation in Machu Picchu
- 2 nights deluxe hotel accommodation in Cusco
- All domestic flights in Peru: Lima-Cusco-Lima
- All transfers between airports and hotels, including baggage handling
- 13 Meals: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners, including 1 dinner show
- All guided tours and transportation as outlined in the itinerary, including admission fees
- First Class train tickets, Vistadome and Lunch in the excursion to Machu Picchu: Café Inkaterra
- All transportation within Peru
- Government Hotel Taxes
- Services of SLT local representatives throughout
- SLT guaranteed tour performance warranty
- SLT $1 Million Insurance Protection Plan.
Judy Newell, an international travel consultant since 1971, heads Perfect Journeys and specializes in unique travel experiences to destinations around the world. She custom designs journeys that are tailored to suit your interests, physical abilities, and budget. Please contact Judy for further information on Travel News topics and around-the-world travel. Cell phone 415 111 8765; Vonage 949 300 3682; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources: Travel+Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Travel Off Path, Sunny Land Tours